What is The Direct Tsunami Relief Fund?
It is a fund started by a generous group of Sri Lankans living in Minnesota along with their kind hearted friends and neighbors. This fund was setup to aid in the relief effort of the 2004 killer Tsunami in S.E Asia that destroyed 2/3s of the Sri Lankan coastal area. Moreover, 195,000 houses, over 45,000 lives, and thousands of orphaned children were the result of one of the most devastating natural disasters in modern history.
What does this Fund Seek?
- Helping with immediate needs to the affected.
- Resettling displaced families.
- Buying school supplies for children.
- Constructing houses for the homeless.
- Finding careers through job training.